Founders—Start your application to Elevate/Elevar!
Elevate/Elevar engages Black and Latinx founders of early-stage companies committed to the St. Louis region. Founders participate in a six-month curriculum that connects them to mentorship and capital. Companies exit the program investment-ready with an expanded network and a developed portfolio.
Frequently Asked Questions
+ What is an accelerator?
Accelerators are programs that offer a range of support services and funding opportunities for startups. They tend to work by enrolling startups in months-long programs that offer mentorship, office space and supply chain resources. More importantly, business accelerator programs offer access to capital and investment in return for startup equity. Startups essentially ‘graduate’ from their accelerator program after a number of months — which means that development projects are time-sensitive and intensive.
+ What are the commitments?
The total commitment for the Elevate/Elevar Accelerator is 180 hours. That breaks down to 45 hours per the first 3 months, and 15 hours per the last 3 months.
+ What is the cost?
There is no cost to founders to participate.
+ Do I qualify?
- You identify as Black and/or Latinx
- You run an early-stage company with demonstrated traction
- You work in industries that create living wage jobs for community-members living in poverty
- You commit to your company full time or agree to make the leap if accepted into the cohort
- Your company is based in the St. Louis region
Still unsure? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
+ Do co-founders apply together?
+ What will I gain from participating?
During the accelerator companies access a variety of mentorship and resources to scale their businesses.
Companies exit Elevate with an expanded network, a developed portfolio, and secured investment.
+ What are the steps in the application process?
- Start your application by drafting your answers.
- Attend one of two webinars to develop your application and answer any lingering questions. (optional)
- Update your answers & press submit!
- Application review & interview process
- Community vote on finalists
- Inaugural cohort announced
+ How large is each cohort?
Each cohort includes 10 companies.